The City Clerk serves as the corporate secretary and is the official records keeper of the City and custodian of the City seal. The City Clerk is a constitutional officer by Charter and is appointed by and reports to the City Commission.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk
- Recording the minutes and all official actions of the City Commission and its Advisory Boards
- Attesting to and maintaining custody of all records of the City including Ordinances, Resolutions, Contracts, Deeds, etc.
- Publishing and distributing public notices and legal advertising as required by law
- Administering the publication and supplementation of the City Code Book
- Serving as the municipal Supervisor of Elections, conducting all city elections in accordance with city, county and state laws
- Establishing and coordinating the City's records management program in compliance with state law
- Responding to public records requests and lien searches
- Providing administrative and clerical support to Commissioners and assisting the City Manager with special projects
- Administering oaths and providing notarial services
- Serving as Financial Disclosure Liaison
- Preparation of Proclamations, Certificates of Appreciation, Appointment and Attendance