Trips & Tours for Active Adults
Accompany a group of like-minded senior citizens on a day trip to local attractions such as theaters, museums, and restaurants, so bring friends or make new friends on the trip!
About the Tours
Tours typically include round-trip fare aboard a comfortable coach bus, entrance and/or show fees, and the services of a seasoned tour leader. Tours are generally affordable, giving participants the opportunity to cut costs with savings opportunities, including group and early-booking discounts.
All tours depart from the Aventura Mall parking lot (PDF) located near Macy's along Abigail Road. The lot has plenty of parking for attendees to safely leave their car and board the bus. Please arrive 15 to 30 minutes prior to departure in order to register and check-in.
Residents can exclusively register online at cityofaventura.com/ors, the City’s Online Registration System (ORS), and both residents and non-residents may register at any of the following facilities: (New registrations are accepted in person only.)
- Community Recreation Center, 3375 NE 188 Street
- Founders Park, 3105 NE 190 Street
- Waterways Park, 3301 NE 213 Street
- Bayside Marketplace in Miami for a guided narrated boat tour of Biscayne Bay, Star Island, South Beach, Millionaire Row, Flagler Monument, Fisher Island, Bayside, and the Miami Skyline on Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
- Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach for lunch and tour of the beautiful museum and its gardens on Tuesday, March 20, 2018.
- Joe’s Stone Crab in South Beach for lunch followed by a visit to the Jewish Museum of Florida at your own pleasure on Tuesday, April 24, 2018.
- The Broward Center for The Performing Arts in Fort Lauderdale for “Jersey Boys”, the true story of how four blue collar kids became one of the greatest successes in pop music history on Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
- Actors’ Playhouse in Coral Gables for a presentation of Million Doller Quartet on Sunday, June 3, 2018.