Visit Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard (FDOH) to view case statuses in the state of Florida, including Miami-Dade County (search for Dade on the county listing). The dashboard is provided by the Florida Department of Health, Division of Disease Control and Health Protection.
Visit the Florida Division of Emergency Management COVID-19 (FDEM) website, which includes a detailed summary of persons being monitored, persons under investigation, and cases per county/city in the state of Florida. Find and click the link titled COVID-19 Data - Daily Report under COVID-19 Information and Resources at https://floridadisaster.org/covid19/.
Florida Department of Health (FDOH) Coronavirus Hotline:
Miami-Dade Department of Health:
- Test collection sites in Miami-Dade County are open to all Miami-Dade County residents. View the list of testing site locations provided by Miami-Dade County.
- Miami-Dade County is coordinating closely with hospital and healthcare partners, the Florida Department of Health, municipalities, and private partners to vaccinate members of our community against the coronavirus (COVID-19) as quickly and efficiently as possible. Visit Miami-Dade County's vaccine webpage for constant updates.
According to state guidelines, the top priority for vaccination – following long-term care residents and staff and frontline healthcare workers – is Miami-Dade County residents age 65 and older.
- For distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine in Florida, visit the Florida Department of Health.
The FDOH may be reached at 1-866-779-6121 or via email at COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also sign up for text updates from the Governor's office – text FLCOVID19 to 888777.
Links to Coronavirus Resources:
- CDC Coronavirus Information
- Florida Department of Health Coronavirus Information
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Miami-Dade County Coronavirus Information
- Miami Dade County Public Schools Coronavirus Information
- Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Int’l Airport Coronavirus Information
- Miami International Airport Coronavirus Information
On behalf of the Mayor and Commissioners of the City of Aventura, please read the important resources as provided below:
Experiencing feelings of stress, anxiety, trauma and grief due to the health crisis?
- Florida Blue with New Directions Behavioral Health are offering a free bilingual helpline to assist you with the stress you may be experiencing during the COVID 19 pandemic. The toll-free helpline connects individuals with specially trained behavioral health counselors who can assist anyone experiencing feelings of stress, anxiety, trauma and grief due to the health crisis.
Visit Florida Blue: https://www.floridablue.com/blog/support-line
Visit New Directions Behavioral Health: https://www.ndbh.com/CrisisResources
Healthy Habits for Virus Prevention
How can you protect yourself and your family?
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to a virus. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
These everyday habits can help prevent the spread of viruses!