The City of Aventura’s Waterways Dog Park has now reopened to Aventura residents and has updated its park operations and restrictions in accordance with Miami-Dade County’s Moving to a New Normal guidelines.
The City welcomes back Aventura residents with proper identification to enjoy this and all of its reopened parks for passive use only while adhering to specific guidelines and restrictions. At this time, the parks are not open to non-Aventura residents.
The following parks are currently open:
- Founders Park, 3105 NE 190 Street
- Founders Park South, 3105 NE 190 Street
- Veterans Park, 18375 NE 31 Avenue
- Waterways Dog Park, 3401 NE 213 Street
Parks operate on a restricted schedule.
- Founders Park, Founders Park South and Veterans Park are open daily, except on Tuesdays. These parks are closed on Tuesdays. The hours of operation continue to be from 9:00 a.m. to noon and 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- To accommodate the City’s most vulnerable residents, Founders Park is open to senior citizens starting at 8:00 a.m.
- Waterways Dog Park is open daily (except Wednesdays) from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. This park is closed on Wednesdays.
- All dogs must remain on a leash throughout the Waterways Dog Park area. A roving patrol will monitor the dog park.
- Parking is allowed at all parks.
Parks amenities and features are restricted or closed.
- The tennis courts at Founders Park are open to Aventura residents only for single-use or double play. No more than 4 people per court. All persons must maintain physical distancing of 10 feet or more. Please visit the City’s Online Registration System (ORS) at cityofaventura.com/ors to complete tennis court reservations starting at noon the day before.
- Restrooms are open for individual or family use at a time, and a face covering is required.
- The walkways and exercise trail are one direction.
- The open field space is available for individual or family sports skill practice such as dribbling a soccer ball or throwing a ball.
- Bike racks are now available at all open parks.
- All playgrounds, exercise equipment, drinking fountains, recreation buildings, picnic shelters, and the Founders Park SplashPad will remain closed or inaccessible.
Residents are expected to follow these temporary rules while enjoying the parks.
- All residents are required to wear a face cover upon entering the parks and when using the restroom. Children under the age of 2 are exempt.
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged during the duration of the visit.
- All residents are required to have their temperature checked at select park entrances.
- All residents must maintain physical distancing in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Florida Department of Health (FDOH), and Miami-Dade County’s Moving to a New Normal guidelines.
- Groups of 10 or more residents will not be permitted at any time while visiting the parks.
- Residents requiring special accommodations will need to contact the Community Services Department 48 hours in advance at 305-466-3883.
Please be advised that the operational changes and time periods described herein are subject to change at any time due to the evolving reopening phases, and remember to please be patient. This is only temporary.
For more information, contact Community Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.