Amended Access to Parks, Golf Courses, and Marinas
ORDER AND SUPPLEMENT TO DECLARATION OF
STATE OF EMERGENCY
(Order Number 19)
AMENDED ACCESS TO PARKS, GOLF COURSES, AND MARINAS
WHEREAS, on March 12, 2020, I, as City Manager of the City of Aventura, promulgated a Declaration of Emergency (the “Declaration”), due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus health emergency within the jurisdictional limits of the City of Aventura (“City”), pursuant to Section 2-404 of the City of Aventura Code of Ordinances; and
WHEREAS, Section 2-404 of the City’s Code of Ordinances authorizes the City Manager, to adopt emergency orders which may include, but are not limited to, curfews, declaration of certain areas being off limits, and other matters related to the Declaration; and
WHEREAS, on April 3, 2020, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) recommended that persons wear masks, including cloth masks or other facial coverings, while in public to help control the spread of COVID-19; and
WHEREAS, on June 24, 2020, in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the residents of Aventura, I entered City of Aventura Emergency Order 12 requiring individuals to use a face covering in certain circumstances; and
WHEREAS, on April 27, 2020, Miami-Dade County Mayor Gimenez entered Emergency Order 21-20 governing the opening, with restrictions, of parks, golf courses, marinas, and boat ramps, which was amended on May 27, 2020, June 4, 2020, June 7, 2020 and August 5, 2020, September 11, 2020, and September 29, 2020; and
WHEREAS, after further analysis of the Declaration, and the CDC’s recommendation, and in order to further protect individuals from COVID-19/Coronavirus, I am issuing this Supplement to Declaration to the State of Emergency to modify City Emergency Order 8, dated April 28, 2020, in order to authorize the further re-opening of parks and golf courses within the City.
THEREFORE, as City Manager for the City of Aventura, Florida, and pursuant to the authority vested in me under Section 2-404 of the City of Aventura Code of Ordinances (the “City Code”), as well as that certain City of Aventura Declaration of State of Emergency, dated March 12, 2020, I hereby ORDER and PROMULGATE the following additional emergency measures:
Section 1. Declaration Supplemented.
In accordance with City Code Section 2-404, and Chapter 252, Florida Statutes, the Declaration of the State of Emergency within the City of Aventura, dated March 12, 2020, and City Emergency Order 8, dated April 28, 2020, and City Emergency Order 17 dated September 15, 2020, are hereby re-affirmed, remain in full force and effect, except as expressly modified herein, and are further supplemented pursuant to this Order, as provided herein:
Section 2. Findings.
Section 3. Order: Limited Access to Marinas, Golf Courses, Tennis Facilities, and City Parks
(A) Specified City owned parks shall provide limited access, subject to the following conditions:
(1) City of Aventura residents shall have limited access to the parks identified in this Order, while adhering to social distancing guidelines, and the use of facial coverings where social distancing cannot be accomplished.
(2) Founders Park shall be open only to senior citizens starting at 8:00 a.m.
(3) Founders Park, Peace Park, and Veterans Park, shall be open to all City residents from 9:00 a.m. to noon and from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., except on Tuesdays when the parks are closed.
(4) Waterways Park shall be open at 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. except on Tuesdays when the park is closed. The park may remain open later for youth sports, as needed.
(5) Waterways Dog Park is open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., except Wednesdays when the park is closed.
(6) Park Amenities and Features:
(7) Rules Regarding Use of Parks:
(8) This order allows for operations of common used bicycle or motorized bicycles in accordance with the Miami-Dade County New Normal Handbook
(B) Marinas, tennis facilities, and golf courses may open subject to the conditions contained herein.
(1) LIMITED ACCESS TO MARINAS
(2) LIMITED ACCESS TO TENNIS FACILITIES
Private tennis facilities may open, if the following conditions are met:
(3) LIMITED ACCESS TO GOLF COURSES
Section 4. Enforcement
Any person, firm, or corporation who violates any provision of the Declaration of the State of Emergency, and any Supplemental Order, any Amended Supplemental Order, including this Order, shall be subject to such fine or imprisonment or both as provided by Sections 1-14 and 2-333 of the City Code, or any other applicable penalty provision. Each day that a violation shall continue to exist shall constitute a separate offense.
Section 5. Effective Date.
This Order and Supplement to Declaration shall be effective as of 12:01 a.m., October 2, 2020, and may be further supplemented from time to time in accordance with Article VIII of Chapter 2 of the City Code. This document shall be posted and distributed as provided by City Code Section 2-404(f).
Executed this 30th. day of September, 2020.