- Our City
- Community Development
- Local Business Tax
- Business Application
Local Business Tax Receipts for Businesses and Professions
- Merchant Inventory Online Form for Renewals
- Fee Schedule - Ordinance 2022-03 (PDF)
- Local Business Tax Receipt Application and Information for Business
- Business Classification Listing for Certificate of Use Application
- Business Tax Fee Exemption Form
For Retail Businesses
- Certificate of Use and Occupancy
- Declaration of Use
- Legal Description of the property
- Federal Employer Identification Number or Social Security Number
- Proof of current Fictitious Name Registration from the State Division of Corporations, 850-487-6058
- Proof of Articles of Incorporation, 850-245-6052
Other Requirements May Include
- Professions regulated by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation must submit an active state license, 850-487-1395.
- Retail and Wholesale merchants must complete an Affidavit of Merchants Inventory disclosing the average value of inventory.
- Restaurant owners must submit a current State License through the Department of Business and Professional Regulation 305-470-5680.
- State License is required for professionals.
DPERA - Water & Sewer Approval
- All new Business Tax Receipt applicants require DPERA (Department of Permitting, Environment and Regulatory Affairs) and Water and Sewer Notice of Compliance per Miami Dade County.
- The DPERA Department offers numerous locations where applications can submit their application for review and approval. Visit the Miami-Dade County's website for details on office locations, helpful guides and requirements such as Certificate of Use information.
- Once review is completed, you will need to visit the City of Aventura for final processing along.
- To find the nearest DPERA office, visit their website, or call 305-372-6899
- Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department 305-665-7471