Is my home or business in a flood zone?
Most areas within the City have been designated "Special Flood Hazard Areas" by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Federal law requires the purchase of flood insurance if your home is located in one of these areas. The City can review the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) prepared by FEMA to determine if your property is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area for insurance purposes. Call the Community Development Department at 305-466-8940. You may also contact the National Flood Insurance Program at 800-638-6620 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. How can I complete an inspection request?
2. How do I find current developments and applications in progress?
3. Do I need to have a Business Tax Receipt to operate a business in the City?
4. Does the City have regulations regarding noise?
5. When is a building permit required?
6. Are there any other regulatory agency approvals required for building permits?
7. Does the City have regulations regarding the types of signage I am allowed?
8. What should I do if I receive a code violation?
9. How can I expedite review of my building permit?
10. Do I need a Local Business Tax to operate a business from home?
11. Who needs to file Local Business Tax or Occupational License in the City?
12. What is the penalty for operating a business without filing Local Business Tax?
13. Do I still need to file anything with Miami-Dade County for my business?
14. Is my home or business in a flood zone?
15. Is feeding wild ducks harmful?