The Aventura Police Department provides a variety of community programs focused on crime and drug prevention, emergency preparedness, community safety, and involvement.
These programs include: DARE, Red Ribbon Week, National Night Out, and the Aventura Safe Kids.
• The Drug Abuse Resistance and Education (DARE) program provides the life skills children and teens need to avoid involvement with drugs, gangs and violence.
• By wearing red ribbons and participating in community anti-drug events sponsored by APD, the young people of Aventura pledge to live drug-free lives during the annual Red Ribbon Week, the nation’s oldest and largest drug prevention program.
• The National Night Out program promotes the City of Aventura neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships in the fight for a safer nation.
• The Aventura Safe Kids program teaches online safety to children and brings awareness to parents and teachers about children’s online activities, trends and behaviors.
• Community Patrol Officers have volunteered to take on additional duties to assist persons with non-crime related matters.
• The Department has been trained in bike patrol methods and tactics, and they patrol various areas of the City on bicycles.
• The City of Aventura works in partnership with the Miami-Dade Office of Emergency Management to help prepare the community for large-scale emergency events, which may impact police services and the availability of resources for a prolonged period of time.
• Officers work in conjunction with the City of Aventura Code Compliance Division to respond to community issues.